SALATA MAROULIA (LETTUCE SALAD)
- 2 Heads of lettuce
- 4 Boiled potatoes
- 4 Hard-cooked eggs
- 1 tablespoon Chopped dill OR anise seed
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 tablespoons Chopped scalions
- 4 teaspoons Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Mayonnaise
- 5 Olives
- 1 tablespoon Parsley -- chopped
- Wash and dry lettuce.
- Save hearts and tear reamining leaves into pcs.
- Cut half the potatoes into small cubes, cut the rest into round slices.
- Slice 2 of the eggs, crumble the yolk of the third egg.
- Mix lettuce, potato cubes, scallions, and the dill or anise seed together, blend the oil and vinegar and sprinkle over the salad.
- Let this rest for 5 to 10 min.
- then drain off dressing.
- Mix in half of the mayo.
- Place salad on a round platter and cover with remaining mayo.
- Surround with egg slices, potato slices and olives, and sprinkle with parsley and crumbled egg yolk.
- Place in refrig.
- until ready to serve.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer