Warmer Kartoffelsalat (Hot Potato Salad)
- 3 Ea Potatoes-Med -- Boiled In Skins
- 3 Ea Bacon -- Slices
- 1/4 C Onion -- Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Unbleached Flour
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Celery Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 3/8 c -- Water
- 2 1/2 tbsp Vinegar
- Peel potatoes and slice paper thin.
- Saute bacon slowly in a frypan, then drain on paper towels.
- Saute onion in bacon fat until golden brown.
- Blend in flour, sugar, salt, celery seeds, and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in water and vinegar.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Carefully stir in the potatoes and crumbled bacon bits.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand until ready to serve.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer