Barbecue Sauce with Mustard
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1/2 ts Ground thyme
- 1/2 ts Pepper
- 1/2 ts Cornstarch
- 1 c Molasses
- 1 c Prepared mustard
- 1/4 ts Ground oregano
- 1 ts Salt
- 1/8 ts Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c Vinegar
- 1 c Ketchup
- 2 tb Oil
- Combine first seven ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Stir in enough vinegar to make a paste.
- Combine molasses, ketchup, mustard, oil and remaining vinegar, add to herb paste.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool completely.
- Pour into a glass jar, cover tightly.
- Store refrigerated for up to 3 months.
- Baste over chicken, turkey, ham or hot dogs.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer