Georgia Barbecue Sauce
- 1 1/2 c Catsup
- 1 c Cider vinegar
- 1/3 c Vegetable oil
- 1/3 c Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c Brown sugar- firmly packed
- 3 tb Prepared yellow mustard
- 2 Or 3 cloves Garlic- minced
- 1 Lemon- cut in halves
- In a saucepan, combine catsup, vinegar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, and garlic.
- Squeeze lemon juice into sauce and add 1 lemon half shell.
- Heat slowly for about 10 minutes.
- Sauce does not have to reach the boil, but heating blends flavor.
- Use sparingly as a basting sauce for fresh pork, ham, ribs, or chicken.
- Heat additional sauce and serve as a table sauce.
- Makes about 3 cups.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer