Hollis's Watermelon Barbecue Sauce
- 1 ea 6 lb Seedless Watermelon
- 8 oz Tomato Paste
- 1 tb Onion Powder
- 1 tb Garlic Powder
- 2 c Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c Sherry
- 2 ts Lemon juice
- 1 ts Liquid smoke
- Cut the melon into chunks and place in a saucepan.
- Cook it uncovered over medium heat until the melon is the consistency of applesauce (approximately 2-3 hours).
- Stir it occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for 2 hours.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before using.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer