Citrus Flavored Oils
- 2 med oranges -- or
- 3 lemons or limes
- 1 c olive oil
- Roughly chop fruit, skin, seeds and all in a food processor with short
- pulses or use a chef`s knife. Do NOT process to a puree. Transfer to bowl of
- an electric mixer and mix on low for 10 minutes with the paddle attachment.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Rinse 4 layers of cheesecloth in cold water and squeeze dry. Suspend a fine
- mesh strainer over a bowl and line with the cheesecloth. Pour in mixture and
- squeeze to extract the oil. The web of the cheesecloth will stretch and the
- strainer will catch the bits that escape.
- Let stand again to allow oil and juice to separate. The clear oil will float
- above the mixture. Pour off oil into a sterilized jar or bottle and discard
- juice. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Yields 1 1/2 cup.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer