Crema Pasticcera...Pastry Cream
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- A vanilla bean, or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- The yolks of 6 very fresh eggs
- 1 pint (500 ml) whole milk
- A pinch of salt.
- Set all but 1/2 cup of the milk to warm over a slow burner
- the vanilla bean.
- In the meantime, lightly whisk the yolks in a bowl to break
- Strain the flour into the bowl, whisking gently, and making
- that no lumps form. Whisk in the sugar too, and then the
- half cup of milk, keeping a wary eye for lumps.
- By this time the milk on the stove will be about ready to
- Fish out and discard the vanilla bean, and slowly whisk the
- into the egg-and-milk mixture.
- Return the cream to the pot and the pot to the fire, and
- continue cooking over a low flame, stirring gently, until it
- barely reaches
- a slow boil. Count to 120 while stirring constantly and it`s
This page is made by Pascal Meijer