Salsa Borracha - Drunken Sauce
- 6 pasilla chiles
- 1 cup beer or pulque (a fermented corn beverage)
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 10 whole green olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled white cheese (queso fresco)
- Place a heavy duty skillet over a medium flame. Toast the
- chiles in the skillet until the skin blisters.
- Open the chiles and remove the stems, veins, and seeds. Soak
- chiles in the beer for 30 minutes.
- Place the beer and chiles in a blender or food processor
- along with
- the peeled garlic clove and the orange juice.
- Puree until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped onion and add salt to taste.
- Before serving place the olives and the crumbled cheese into
This page is made by Pascal Meijer