Chipotle Green Salsa
- 3 medium size tomatillos (husked and washed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 canned chipotle chiles, seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat a heavy duty skillet over medium heat.
- Place the tomatillos and the unpeeled garlic cloves directly
- on the skillet or comal.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, turning frequently, until toma-
- tillos are soft and brownish to blackened in spots.
- Peel the skin off the garlic cloves. Place garlic cloves,
- tomatillos, chiles, and salt in a blender with two
- of water.
- Puree salsa, adding more water if necessary.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Variation 1:Add a teaspoon of the sauce from the canned
- to the blender for a smokier sauce.
- Variation 2:Use canned tomatillos and skip the roasting
This page is made by Pascal Meijer