Mojo Isleno -Island Olive Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 med yellow onion, minced (approx 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup (one 1 o-oz can) roasted red peppers cut into tiny
- slices, withtheir juice
- 19 manzanillo olives, sliced
- 2 TBS capers
- 1 16oz can tomato sauce (or 2 8oz cans)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 TBS vinegar
- salt to taste
- In a small skillet,warm the oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced onion and saute till soft.
- Stir in the peppers, olives, and capers and continue to
- saute for two more minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, bay leaves, and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, lower the het, and simmer 15 minutes ,
This page is made by Pascal Meijer