El Chico Salsa Verde
- 2 tb Pumpkin seeds- pureed
- 2 tb Green chiles- minced
- 1/4 c Parsley- chopped
- 2 c Chicken stock
- 1/4 c Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tb Roux (1 part cooking oil To 2 parts flour)
- Toast pumpkin seeds until brown, or use pumpkin seeds called Pepitas (This I`d prefer.
- I think you can get these at the spice rack in the store).
- Grind, with the chiles and parsley, very fine.
- In a skillet, with 1/4 C cooking oil, add a little of the chicken stock.
- Add the green chile mixture and stir well, then add the remaining chicken stock.
- Salt and pepper, to taste, and cook for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Add roux, and stir, cooking until it thickens then remove from fire.
- If not to be used immediately, then store in `fridge.
- Heat only when you need to use it.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer