- 2 quarts Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Bite-size cooked Chicken mea
- Small Onion -- sliced in rings
- Rib Celery -- chopped
- Sm Parsnip -- sliced thin
- 1 cup Pearl Barley
- Small strip Kombu *
- 1 teaspoon Dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground white Pepper
- 1 dash Salt (opt.)
- 1/4 cup Shredded carrot (opt)
- Combine all ingredients except salt and carrot and simmer until the barley is cooked, about 45 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt if needed and garnish with shredded carrot if desired.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer