- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 medium Onions -- diced
- 1 Small-to-med red cabbage -- cored and shredded
- 1 1/2 quarts Chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Wine vinegar
- 1 Ham hock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream
- Fresh dill
- IN A LARGE SOUP POT, heat the oil and cook the onions, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, vinegar and ham hock.
- Cover and simmer the soup for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat, add salt and pepper as desired.
- Remove meat from ham hock and add back to soup.
- Serve with sour cream and chopped fresh dill.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer