Chicken Noodle Soup (Slow Cooker)
- 1 Broiler-fryer (3 to 3 1/2 -- lb), cut up and skin
- 2 medium Carrots -- peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 2 Stalks celery -- chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Salt (or less)
- 2 teaspoons Dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon Dried marjoram leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 quarts Water
- 2 1/2 cups Uncooked medium egg noodles -- (4 Oz)
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker in the order listed.
- Combine salt and the next 6 ingredients, sprinkle over vegetables.
- Add 6 cups water, cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove chicken and bay leaf, add remaining 2 cups water.
- Stir in noodles and cook, covered, on high setting for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile remove bones from chicken and cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add to slow cooker, stir to mix.
- Cook for 15 minutes on high setting, covered or until noodles are tender.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer