Cold Cucumber and Spinach Soup
- Jim Vorheis
- 1 bn Green onions -- sliced
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 4 cups Diced cucumbers
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 1 cup Chopped -- fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup Sliced -- peeled potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper to -- taste
- 1 cup Light cream
- Green onions
- In a saucepan, saute green onions in butter until they are softened.
- Add cucumbers, chicken broth, spinach, potatoes, salt, lemon juice and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender in batches and puree.
- Transfer the puree to a bowl and stir in the light cream.
- Let soup cool and chill for several hours, or overnight.
- Garnish each serving with thin slices of radishes and/or green onions.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer