Cream Of Tomato Soup
- 25 g butter
- 1 cup onions -- finely chopped
- 225 g fresh mushroom -- sliced
- 2 Tbls flour
- 400 g whole, peeled tomatoes
- 225 ml hot water
- 450 g tomato sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes -- dissolved in 55 ml
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 450 ml heavy cream
- Saute onions and mushrooms in butter 5 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Add flour, mixing well.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Add hot water, tomato sauce, bouillon mix and pepper, stirring well after each addition.
- Cook until soup bubbles.
- Remove from heat, add sugar and cream, mixing well.
- Heat through, adjusting seasonings to taste.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer