Four Cheese Soup
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 Med. leek - white & pale -- green parts only, ch
- 4 cups Chicken stock - or canned -- low-salt broth
- 1 Med. potato - boiling type -- peeled and diced
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 3/4 cup Provolone cheese - grated -- (about 3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup Parmesan - fresly grated -- (about 3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella - grated (about 3 -- ounces)
- 3/4 cup Cheedar cheese - grated -- (about 3 ounces)
- Number of Servings: 6 Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add leek and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock and potato and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup in batches in processor or blender.
- Return soup to saucepan.
- Add Half and Half and bring to simmer.
- (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Bring to simmer before continuing.
- ) Gradually add all cheeses to soup and whisk until melted.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Sprinkle with croutons.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer