Quick Black Bean Soup
- 2 cans black beans -- drained
- 1 can chicken broth -- condensed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion -- quartered
- 2 garlic cloves -- minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons green bell pepper -- chopped-optional
- 4 teaspoons sour cream -- (optional)
- Place the beans, chicken broth, water, onion, garlic, cumin, and oregano in a blender or a food processor.
- Process the ingredients for 1 minute, turn off the machine and wait until the blades stop, then scrape down the sides of the container.
- Process the mixture for another minute, until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place in serving bowls and garnish with the chopped bell pepper and sour cream, if desired.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer