Steak & Veggie Soup
- 1 can(14.5oz) beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large onion -- diced
- 1 large potato -- in 1/2" pieces
- 1/2 pound carrots -- (about 3) in chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs -- assorted
- or --1 tablespoon dried herbs
- (like parsely, basil, thyme & chives)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak -- boneless
- --(sliced thin and in 1/2" pieces)
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef broth, water, onion, potato, carrots, and peas, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until this vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the herbs and vinegar, continuing to simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and add the steak, stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, just until the outside is browned and no pink remains.
- Drain off and discard the liquid.
- Spoon the beef evenly into 4 soup bowls and ladle the broth mixture evenly over the beef.
- Serve immediately.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer