New England Clam Chowder
- 1/4 pound salt pork or bacon -- cut into small cubes
- 1 each onion -- chopped
- 2 medium potatoes -- peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 14 ounces cans minced clams or 1 pint fresh clams -- cut up
- 2 cups light cream or evaporated milk
- Saute pork with onion in a skillet or in slow-cooking pot with browning unit.
- Combine sauteed pork, onion, potatoes, salt, pepper, and water in pot.
- Cover and cook on low 5 to 7 hours.
- Turn control to high.
- Add clams and cream.
- Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer