Olive Garden Gazpacho Italiano
- Soup base
- 28 oz Can italian plum tomatoes
- 10 Garlic -- mince
- 1/2 c Mixed herbs -- chop very fine
- 1/2 c Olive oil
- 3 tb White wine vinegar
- 3 tb Lemon juice
- 1 t Salt
- 1/4 c White or red onion -- dice
- 3 c Chicken broth
- 3/4 ts Tabasco
- 1 t Sugar -- opt
- 1/2 c Green bell pepper -- dice fine
- 1/2 c Cucumber -- peel- dice fine
- 1 c Tomato -- chop to 1/4"
- 1/2 c Ditalini or tubetti -- cook-- drain, rinse twice,
- This soup should be served cold 35-45~.
- The vegetable and pasta solids should not be added to the base until time of serving or they may become soggy.
- SOUP BASE-Process tomatoes, juice, garlic and herbs.
- Mix in a non-aluminum bowl with olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, onion, stock, Tabasco and sugar.
- Place in fridge allowing 4 hours for soup base to chill and marry flavors.
- Prepare the veggies and chill along with the pasta.
- To serve: Soup bowls should be very cold.
- Stir the base well and ladle 6 oz of soup per bowl.
- Add a good tb of blended veggies and 2 tb of pasta to each bowl.
- Garnish with a few croutons and sprinkle the croutons with parmesan and chopped parsley.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer