Split Pea Soup
- 1 pound Smithfield Ham -- bits/pieces
- 1 each Large Onion -- chopped
- 1 gallon Water
- 2 pounds Split Peas
- 3 each Large Carrots -- chopped fine
- 2 each Celery Stalks w/ leaves
- Separate fat from meat.
- Fry fat in soup pan.
- When crisp, discard solids.
- Fry onion in the fat.
- Add lean ham pieces.
- Toss a few minutes more.
- Add water, peas, carrots, and celery (center portion with leaves, chopped fine).
- Cover and cook slowly until peas are mushy.
- Do not puree.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer