Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 medium Onion -- finely chopped
- 3 Stalks celery -- thinly sliced
- 5 Sweet potatoes (2 lbs) -- peeled, grated
- 2 large Apples (Macs), peeled -- cored, grated
- 5 cups Stock (chick, beef -- veg)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Heat the butter in the cooker.
- Saute the onions until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the celery and sweet potatoes and toss to coat with the butter.
- Add the grated apples, stock, 1 tsp orange zest, and salt.
- Lock the lid in place and over high heat bring to pressure.
- Adjust the heat to maintain pressure and cook for 4 minutes.
- Let the pressure drop naturally or quick reduce under cold water.
- Remove the lid.
- If the soup seems too thin, puree about a third of it in a blender and stir the puree back into the soup.
- Add in the remaining zest and salt to taste.
- Heat thouroughly before serving.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer