- 1/4 cup celery -- finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot -- finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper -- finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion -- finely chopped
- 41 1/4 ounces canned chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces can light beer -- at room temperature
- Combine celery, carrot, green pepper, and onion in slow-cooking pot.
- Add broth, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Strain mixture, puree vegetables in blender and return to pot with broth.
- Turn control to high.
- dissolve flour in small amount of water, add to broth.
- Add cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until blended.
- Pour in beef.
- Cover and cook on high 15 to 20 minutes.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer