White Bean Soup
- 1 pound Navy beans -- dry
- 3 quarts Water
- 1 each Ham bone or hock -- smoked
- 2 tablespoons Parsley -- chopped
- 1 cup Onions -- finely chopped
- 1 each Garlic- clove -- minced
- 2 cups Celery &tops -- finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Cover beans with water in large pot or soup kettle and soak overnight.
- Rinse beans well and return to pot with ham bone and 3 quarts of water.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours.
- Add parsley, onions, garlic, celery and tops, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove ham bone, dice the meat, and add meat to soup.
- Serve hot.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer