- 5 Gallons Water
- 10 Lb Beef Bones -- sawn
- 10 Lb Veal Bones -- sawn
- 5 Lb Chicken Backs -- or feet
- 1/2 Celery Stalk -- chopped
- 1 Leek -- chopped
- 2 Onions -- chopped
- 1/2 Bunch Parsley Stems
- 5 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tbl Peppercorns -- crushed
- 1/2 Tbl Thyme Leaf
- Blanch the bones by covering with cold water and bringing to the boil.
- Discard water and rinse bones.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for up to 18 hours, with skimming to remove any scum that rises.
- Scald clean containers, and strain stock into each, seeing some fat into each to act as a protective cap.
- Cover with saran and cool.
- This will keep at least a week, but should be part of the regular weekly Mise en place.
- Excess should be frozen or reduced for glace d`viand, a 10-1 reduction.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer