Quartam Color Library for LiveCode is a powerful item to have in your developer toolbox. The following overview will hilite its main features.
LiveCode versions :
- Supports Revolution 2.8.1 through LiveCode 6.0.1.
- No externals needed - works fully cross-platform.
Named colors :
- Preloaded with the RGB values of the color names built into LiveCode.
- Preloaded with the RGB values of the color names defined in CSS 3.
- Easy access to the Microsoft Windows Control Panel colors.
- Manage your color schemes by adding and removing your own named colors.
Convert to and from RGB :
- HSL (Hue-Saturation-Luminosity)
- HSV (Hue-Saturation-Value)
- CMY (Cyan-Magenta-Yellow)
- CMYK (Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-Key)
- Web colors (#ABCDEF)
- Hex colors (0x123456)
Derive colors :
- Determine the best text color (black or white) for a given background color.
- Derive a brighter or darker color, insipired by java.awt.Color methods.
- Derive a brighter or darker color, by applying a luminosity factor.
- Derive an offset color, tweaking the hue, saturation and value.