Quartam PDF Library for LiveCode is a powerful document building system, providing all you need to produce reports and label sets in a friendly, flexible environment. The following overview will hilite its main features.
LiveCode versions :
- Supports Revolution 3.0 through LiveCode 6.0.1.
- No externals needed - works fully cross-platform.
Pin-point precision with flexible units:
- Points, millimeters or inches.
- Convert from one unit to the other with built-in functions.
Full control over pages :
- Standard page sizes include A0 - A10, B0 - B10, C0 - C10, RA0 - RA4, SRA0 - SRA4, Executive, Folio, Legal, Letter.
- Plus, you can easily set a paper size of your own.
- Switch rotations within the same document.
- Insert pages (ideal for building a table of contents with links and bookmarks).
Extensive graphics support :
- Lines, rectangles, rounded rectangles, ovals, arbitrary polygons, regular polygons and bezier curves.
- Precision graphic settings: line widths, caps, joins, dashes and phases.
- Transformations: scale, translate, rotate, skew, mirror.
- Transparency and blend modes.
- Include EPS drawings (experimental).
Embed images :
- Currently supports most PNG and JPEG images.
- Other formats to be added in the near future.
Solid text support :
- Pick from several commands to write text in a box, area or table.
- Automatically create new pages as you write blocks of text.
- Use the text alignment you need for that perfect output: left, right, center, justify.
- Apply text box fitting and clipping.
- Set metadata information: author, creator, keywords, subject, title.
- Control the way the PDF file is displayed by setting zoom and layout modes.
- Add bookmarks and both internal and external links for navigation.
- Optional callback messages to draw page headers and footers.