Quartam Reports for LiveCode is a powerful report building system, providing all you need to produce reports and label sets in a friendly, flexible environment. The following overview will hilite its main features.
Layout builder :
- Layout building in bands, similar to FoxPro, FileMaker Pro, Access,...
- Support for both regular reports and label sets.
- Support for page header and footer bands.
- Support for title and summary bands.
- Support for label fields, data fields, graphics and images.
- Support for barcodes and charts (Professional Edition).
Layout items :
- Label fields for static data.
- Data fields for dynamic data.
- Graphics: rectangles, lines, ovals, polygons,...
- Images for company logos.
- Barcodes: Codabar, Code 3 of 9, EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-A, Interleaved 2 of 5, Postnet
- 2D Charts: bar chart, column chart, line chart, pie chart
Data groups :
- Related sets of data can be grouped using everyday LiveCode expressions.
- Each data group has its own header and footer band.
- Aggregate functions help you track statistical information in data fields : count, sum, average, min, max, median, variance, standard deviation.
- These aggregate data fields can be reset upon page change, upon group change or simply continue to be updated until the end of the report.
Data fields :
- Field content is described using everyday LiveCode expressions.
- Field content can be passed as plain text, unicodeText, htmlText or rtfText.
- Field content can be formatted as numbers, dates, times or by means of a Printf() expression.
Scripting power :
- Simple library calls for printing data from stacks, SQL result sets and automated database queries.
- An advanced callback system to script complex data brokers that combine data from multiple data sources, XML-files, the internet, Web Services, and much more (Professional Edition).
- LiveCode expression editor for field expressions, printing conditions and data groups.
- Printf() expression editor for complex field formats.